With the recent school closings and recommendations from the CDC and local Government to practice social distancing, the leadership team and Executive Committee of the Family Center have made the decision to restrict the use of our office for two weeks, beginning Wednesday, March 18 and tentatively ending Monday, April 06, 2020.
- This plan includes having all non-essential personnel work from home. Staff members will be performing limited work in the office when critical tasks are needed.
- We will be reducing our in-house clients to only Family Counseling Clients and CCCS clients who are in crisis mode. These Crisis appointments will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week from 12pm-6pm. Counseling programs will have an on-call person to answer any questions and consult with any of our clients who are finding this period of time especially troubling.
- Closing all school-based programs to include Families and Schools and BBBS until schools have reopened.
- Postponing our Bowl for Kid’s Sake event that is scheduled for April 26th in Columbus and Auburn.
- Our employees working from home will continue to provide support services such as, Match Support, Family Support, External Relations and Military Outreach Support.
We are closely monitoring the latest COVID-19 notices and heeding the advice offered by the CDC and public health officials. The health of our staff, volunteers, families, and supporters is our highest priority as we navigate this evolving situation. We will continue to update our community as new information becomes available.
Now, more than ever, nonprofits like ours are grateful for your continued financial support. This will be a difficult time as fundraising activities are disrupted, but we are hopeful that we will be able to continue to Strengthen Families with minimal disruptions. To make a donation during this critical time, you can click here or visit the donate page.