What is the final step to pay off my debts?
If you decide to file for bankruptcy, the legislation also requires you to take and complete a short financial management course before your debts are discharged by the court.
How does it work?
- The course length is two (2) hours
- You will learn financial literacy issues that will help you prevent future financial problems
- The course and certificate of completion may be delivered face-to-face, or via the internet.
- Topics include:
- Rebuilding finances after bankruptcy
- Developing and following a budget
- Understanding and using credit
- Once you have completed the course online, a Certified Counselor will contact you within 1-3 business days and a certificate will be issued and sent to you/your attorney.
To complete the Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy Education online click on the link below:
Already Registered? Click Here to continue your course.
Counseling Individual Fee $35*
Counseling Couple Fee $50*
(to pay with cash or money order, please call for instructions)
*If you would like to complete the course in-person call 706.327.3239.