Parenting is probably the toughest job any of us will ever hold. But unlike other jobs, parenting doesn’t come with a clear-cut job description or handbook. Our Parenting Skills Classes are designed to make this job a little easier by providing parents with information, knowledge, and skills to better understand their children, their developmental needs, and parenting strategies designed to work the most effectively with your children, their temperament, and their personalities.
- Participants may be self referred or referred by others
- Mandated referrals satisfy court and DFCS / DHR requirements
Parenting Skills Classes
- 6-week program designed to help people improve their parent-child relationships and family life
- Open to any parent or care-giver who: wants to learn more about positive parenting; is looking for a better way to manage their “difficult” children; wants to learn new ways of communicating with their children; wants to stop abuse or prevent abuse before it happens
- Meets weekly on Wednesdays from 11:30 – 1:00 pm
- COST: Intake fee is $15.00. Session fee is baed on household income on a sliding fee scale. Maximum fee is $45.00 per session.
To enroll in Parenting Skills Classes:
Contact Family Counseling of Columbus and schedule a brief Intake Interview. Following this individual intake, participants may begin attending the class.